The University of Alabama is pleased to offer the ParkMobile app as a pay by phone solution for access to our visitor parking spaces. While utilizing the app you can find any available parking spaces on campus and even add additional time to your reservation. You can visit the ParkMobile website, download the mobile app or call the toll-free number on the crimson and white ParkMobile sign (866-727-5044) to register for a ParkMobile account; you will need your license plate number and a method of payment.
How do I use ParkMobile?
2. Register for the service– Enter your email, create a password, and provide payment info to create an account.
3. Find a parking space– ParkMobile areas will be designated by a sign like the example below. The app also has a parking locator notating the zone numbers.
4. Begin your Parking Session– Enter the zone number to identify the parking area where your vehicle is located and start the session. You also have the option to opt-in to receive a reminder 15 minutes before the expiration time, and this will allow you to add more time to your parking.
How do I set up my account with ParkMobile?
- You can visit the ParkMobile website, download the mobile app or call the toll-free number on the green ParkMobile sign (866-727-5044) to register for a ParkMobile account; you will need your license plate number and a method of payment.
- When you park in a space, use the ParkMobile app to access your account, or call the toll-free number on the sign (866-727-5044).
- Key in your zone number located on the sign. Note: this number is different for every parking lot. You can add your frequently used zone as “Favorite Zones” in your ParkMobile account.
- You can select an option to have ParkMobile send a text message 15 minutes prior to the expiration of your parking transaction.
How much does ParkMobile cost?
$1.50 for the first hour and $2.50 each additional hour. The total cost will depend on the amount of time you plan to park.
Is there a transaction fee?
Yes, there is a transaction fee of $.35 cents.
Can I reserve a space or prepay for parking using ParkMobile?
No, not at this time. All transactions are real-time. You should be parked in the space before you begin your parking transaction.
Can I move from zone to zone?
No, your parking transaction is for a specific ParkMobile zone. If you move to another zone, you will have to pay again.
Where are the zone numbers located?
Zone numbers are a critical part of your transaction and must be recorded correctly in order for your license plate to be identified by the parking enforcement officers. You must identify your ParkMobile zone number from the crimson/white ParkMobile signage located in your parking area to ensure you purchase parking for the correct lot.
Do I get a receipt?
You can go online to your ParkMobile personal page anytime to make changes to your account, review parking charges, print parking transactions, and receipts or export data to another format.
Is it safe to conduct a credit card transaction on a mobile line for this service?
Yes, your credit card number is encrypted when you sign up and is never entered or displayed.
What are the advantages of ParkMobile?
- ParkMobile provides a mobile payment service, including help support.
- Pay for parking via a smartphone app, toll free number or the web.
- No need to stop at a pay station.
- No credit card necessary after you complete your account set up.
- No coins/cash needed.
- ParkMobile can send reminders by text message so you can extend your parking time from your cell phone.
- Use your account wherever ParkMobile is offered.