Retired Faculty and Staff Permits

Retired faculty and staff are eligible to receive a Retired University parking permit free of charge. Two-year permits, which expire bi-annually in October, are issued when a registration form is completed and retirement is verified. Registration forms are available in the Parking Services office located at 451 Campus Drive East.  License plate information is required when completing the registration form.  Retired faculty and staff permits are valid in any surface lot on campus except reserve lots.  These permits are not valid in any state-designated space, area coordinator spaces, handicap spaces (unless a state issued plate or placard is displayed on the vehicle), or in parking decks.  Retired faculty/staff permits are issued as a privilege and should only be used by the retiree. Abuse of this privilege may result in the deactivation of the permit.

Purple Heart Recognition Program

Participation in the UA Purple Heart Recognition program is open to UA students, faculty, and staff.  Participants are required to submit appropriate Purple Heart documentation with the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs.  Visitors who provide the appropriate Purple Heart documentation will be allowed to purchase a day visitor permit and experience the same benefits as a UA affiliated Purple Heart recipient.

Accessible (Handicap) Permits

Blue permits will be issued to students, faculty, and staff who are certified for accessible parking by the State of Alabama, or by the state in which the accessible needs individual resides.  Individuals should bring their state-issued accessible documentation (including placard and receipt) to the Transportation Services office to obtain a University Accessible Permit.  Failure to obtain a University Accessible Permit may result in a citation for failure to register.

Department Issued Permits

Departments may purchase visitor permits at a reduced rate to issue to individuals or groups visiting their department.  Please contact Parking Services at 205-348-5471 at least ten days in advance.

UA Patron Permits

Patron permits are valid only for patrons of The University of Alabama who are utilizing the services of the Recreation Center, the Aquatic Center and the Moody Music building.  This permit is only valid in the area specified on the permit.