Interim Parking Information Effective 5/8/2017 – 5/26/2017
During interim, free parking is available in the Ferguson, Campus Drive, and ten Hoor parking decks. Individuals electing to park in surface lots will be required to display a valid parking permit or utilize the pay stations located near the Student Recreation Center and adjacent to the Campus Drive Parking Deck. Visitor permits may be purchased at the Transportation Services Office located at 451 Campus Drive East (inside the Transit Hub).
Parking Permit Information Effective 5/8/2017 – 7/21/2017
- Commuter Permits: Valid in all commuter zones. No additional deck access will be granted for southeast or northeast permit holders.
- Perimeter Permit: NO CHANGE. Valid only in the Perimeter zone.
- Residential Permits: NO CHANGE. Valid in the designated residential zone, the upper Student Recreation surface lot, and the Perimeter zone.
- Reserve Permits: Valid in the designated reserve lot/deck, all commuter zones, and the Perimeter zone.
- Faculty/Staff Green and Reserve Permits: Valid in all commuter and residential zones, and the Perimeter zone.
- Perimeter permits: Valid only in the Perimeter zone.
All other parking rules and regulations will remain in effect.
Summer Semester permits are valid for Interim, Summer I and Summer II
Effective May 1, 2017 beginning at 9:00 a.m. student permit prices will be reduced to the following summer semester rates:
Two lanes of University Boulevard will close from March 13th through August 4th along an approximate one-half mile stretch from the University Boulevard and Bryant Drive intersection west to the area near the University Boulevard and Second Avenue intersection (near Arby’s).
The road will not close as two lanes will remain open, but traffic flow will be impacted. Initially, the westbound lanes will close for construction, but traffic will be two-way on the eastbound lanes from March 13 to May 27. Once the westbound construction is complete, two-way traffic will move to the westbound lanes, and eastbound lanes will be closed for construction.
UA will replace the road’s concrete slabs with asphalt and add medians, landscaping, a transit lane, a bike lane and make lighting improvements. This project is Phase II of a broader initiative to re-pave University Boulevard from McFarland to downtown.
Ride Amigos is a ride share program that allows students of the University of Alabama to connect and utilize carpool opportunities among their fellow classmates. Once you place your origin and destination in the system you can find other people to carpool with, search for driving, biking or walking distance to your destination or see if you can catch a bus on your route. If you review the Ride Amigos tab on our webpage you can also review training videos that help you get started.
Updated campus and parking maps have been uploaded, you may view them on our Parking Maps page.
To stay up to date on all construction and road closures on campus please visit Wayfinding.ua.edu.